Six Laws You Never Argue With
From the news bulletin of the Great Beloit, Wisconsin, Chamber of Commerce, we are today borrowing the text of six laws.
They aren't on the statute books, but are as immutable as any laws of physics. Nor will they be repealed by any legislature, or declared unconstitutional by any high court:
- PARKINSON'S LAW - "Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion."
- MURPHY'S LAW - "If something can go wrong, it will."
- McGURK'S LAW - "Any improbable event which would create maximum confusion if it did occur will occur."
- WELLER'S LAW - "Nothing is impossible for the man who doesn't have to do it himself."
- FINAGLE'S LAW - "Once a job is fouled up, anything done to improve it makes it worse."
- CRANE'S LAW - "There is no such thing as a free lunch."